The best gifts require forethought. So do the best trips. By planning ahead, you can ensure your trips during peak winter travel periods – including Super Bowl weekend, the week after Valentine’s Day, and spring break – hold nothing but the most delightful of surprises.
Here are a few helpful reminders and tips.
- With Flexjet, you can call your dedicated Customer Account Manager to understand the peak day schedule for this year’s winter travel and how you might adjust your plans to minimize any potential issues.
- Hit the slopes by all means, but note any existing slot restrictions. Providing more advance notice will help you secure those in-demand, but limited, landing slots at hot spots like Vail and Aspen.
- Take that coveted extended vacation, but realize others are planning to do the same.
- During peak travel periods, consider flying out of Teterboro, N.J., and White Plains, N.Y., at times other than weekday afternoons, which experience significant spikes in traffic.
Places To Go, Things To Do
Planning starts with determining what kind of experience you’re after. Opportunities abound – whether you want to bundle yourself in the fresh embrace of winter, or escape the cold for a hot beach getaway. Maybe you opt for something in between: ice sculptures delivered through the magic of Orlando theme parks. Here are some other ideas to get you in planning mode.
- Rather be in D.C.? Ice skate at the rink in the heart of the National Gallery of Art’s sculpture garden, or browse the little-known architectural treasures at the National Building Museum.
- If the Blue Ridge Mountains are calling, consider a relaxing stay at Grove Park Inn Resort and Spa in Asheville, N.C. While you are there, golf on a 100+-year-old course rated among the nation’s best.
- Go clubbing in San Francisco, enjoying magnificent views over the bay from the Hornblower, Sausalito Empress or Commodore dinner cruises, or check out the Cosmopolitan Hotel.
Tap Into Our Scheduling Expertise
Once you’ve decided whether to go the snow-boots-and-parkas route or shed them for bathing suits and frosty drinks poolside, let us know if you have questions about how to maximize the efficiency of your winter travel. Please call 1-888-601-4922. Making arrangements now will delight your loved ones later. Because travel is among the best gifts of all.